Ok I decided to re write this post after comments that it was just too short.
So today I have just been to the 17 week midwife appointment but before I go into detail I will explain that midwives appointments are sort of the optional appointments for blokes and your partner will let you off with not being there.
I have been to all of them so far as my work is flexible and up to date they are like military operations. Your in on time (very unusual for our doctors), a few things are said, a few quick forms filled in, blood taken, pre done urine sample handed over and your out of there.
I like attending as I don't want to miss out on anything but so far they have not been anything special, however in today's appointment we were hoping to hear the heart beat.
Now it surprised me that not every midwife does this as not hearing a heartbeat can scare parents too be, however the midwife put on a portable speaker and our child's heartbeat was clear and loud.
This was incredible (I enjoyed it more than the scan picture). The sound was loud and fast and I was instantly in the best mood I would be in all day.
If you get the chance to go I would highly recommend it as it is something I won't forget in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment